NFL Way to Play
The 2019 season marks the second year of the NFL Way to Play, and the first of the NFL Way to Play High School Award. The NFL Way to Play was created in conjunction with NFL Legends to promote proper playing technique across all levels of football.
Through this initiative, and in partnership with Hudl, one high school player will be honored each week during the regular NFL season for displaying exemplary football technique.
The NFL Way to Play High School Award is featured nationally on Saturdays on NFL Network's Good Morning Football. The school of the chosen player receives a $1,500 equipment grant through USA Football.
A panel of representatives from the NFL Football Operations Department selects the player who most positively impacted the game through proper technique:
- Phil Bogle – 2-year NFL guard, Director of Game Operations
- Kevin Boothe – 9-year NFL offensive lineman, Director of Football Strategy and Business Development
- Jay Manahan – Director of Football Communications and Marketing
- Roman Oben – 12-year NFL offensive tackle, Vice President of Youth Football
- Jon Runyan – 14-year NFL offensive tackle, Vice President of Policy and Rules Administration
- Troy Vincent – 15-year NFL cornerback, Executive Vice President of Football Operations
Coaches – interested in nominating one of your players for the NFL Way to Play High School Award? Complete this form.